1. This car is ________ of all.
а) an expensive
б) the little expensive
в) the least expensive+
2. The new teacher is ________ than the previous one.
а) many better
б) a lot better+
в) a lot of good
3. Those shoes cost______mine.
a) much as
б) more as
в) as much as+
г) as more
4. You live even______from the centre than they.
a) farther +
г) more far
5. I like Jane less than Tom, but I like Sam______of all.
6. We left ________ way possible.
а) a quicker
б) the quickiest
в) the quickest+
7. Of two evils choose______.
б) the least+
8. What’s the______news of today?
9. If you are interested in______details ask the head of the office.
10. Actions speak______than words.
a) more louder
в) the loudest
11. Hotels are becoming______nowadays.
a) more expensive+
в) the most expensive
г) the more expensive
12. John’s grades are______his sister’s.
a) the higher than
б) higher than+
в) the highest as
г) more high than
13. His drawings are as perfect as his______.
г) instructor drawings
14. The salary of a professor is higher than______a secretary.
в) one of
г) that of+
15. I feel______today than I did last week.
a) much better +
б) no better
в) more good
г) more better
16. No animal is so big______King Kong.
a) as +
17. It took Kate______to do this work.
в) as long
б) the longest
г) much longer+
18. We are going to continue our work ____________all criticism.
19. ________ high interest among critics the book was never published.
20. The smaller a garden is______it is to look after.
a) the easier +
в) more easy
г) most easy
21. This room is not so ________ as that one on the first floor.
а) more comfortable
б) the most comfortable
22. The benefit was______great a success that the promoters decided to repeat it.
a) so +
23. John is______a wonderful person: he is very friendly, gay, he has much talent.
24. Mark was sure to get acknowledged as he worked______.
б) too hardly
в) hardly enough
г) hard enough+
25. The more you learn ________ you become.
а) the smartest
в) the smarter+
26. Some men are ____________without being fortunate, others are fortunate without being happy.
27. Paul was ____________to have won a lot of money in a state lottery.
28. Julia had always thought herself ____________in everything she undertook.
29. _________ the earthquake, Haiti’s population continues to grow.
30. _________ protests of ecologists, many rain forests have been destroyed.